Microsoft has updated the Project Acoustics software package for Unity and Unreal gaming software platforms.
The Project Acoustics release 2.0 for the Unreal and Unity engines include:
- Dynamic openings – handle changes in geometry at runtime
- Acoustics probe volumes
- Material override – set acoustic material for all meshes within a volume
- Material remap – swap material names for all meshes within a volume
- Probe spacing – change probe spacing within a volume
- Acoustics runtime volumes – update design parameters within a volume
- Pinned probes – place your own probes
- Faster bake times – Acoustic simulations are twice as fast as before
- Various bug fixes and performance improvements
For more info on the new release, read more on the Microsoft tech community blog post.